The minutes of the club meeting and AGM, held on the 3rd September are now available on the forum. As the website is open to all, they will not be posted here.
I have for sale my 2001 BMW R850R,
Bought from a lady who has found it too heavy for now.
This is a fantastic naked sports tourer, the torque and sheer grunt from the 850 flat-twin
She has had just 4 previous owners and covered 29000miles, very low considering her age and the robustness of that flat twin and shaft drive.
It comes with panniers, touring screen, 2 keys, this one is in cream so very few of this colour out there this bike still has original tools kit and is in very good condition for its age and the last owner was a lady so it has not been hammered, bike has just been meticulously cleaned from top to bottom and will be sprayed with ACF 50 if required .
It will come with oil and filter for the bike.
The tyres are all ok .
She is in generally excellent condition for her age.
Looking for offers around £2200
For details: Contact Ken Davidson direct or use the contact page
2013 BMW F700 GS Road oriented adventure bike with well-damped long travel springs. Good on our potholed roads
- 7700 miles.
- MOT March 2020
- Heated grips
- Adjustable flow windscreen
- Centre stand
- Very good condition
For details: Contact Brian Fieldsend direct or use the contact page
Kliponoff Motorbike Trailer for saleWalker Engineering fully galvanized Kliponoff single motorbike/dirt bike trailer.
Serial number 0018430599
Currently dismantled for storage
Good condition Offers around £350
All enquiries via contact page
Sunday 24th saw our first club run for 2019. The weather was lovely if a tad chilly, and the turnout was fantastic for this time of year. Some eejit(1) had managed to mess up the details of where we were headed(2) when they were sent out, but that didn’t seem to have put anyone off. I counted 20 bikes at the start. Colin & Ralph counted 21. An independent inquiry is in progress as we speak.
We left Tesco Extra in Inverness and headed over to Fort George to regroup. This was followed by a tour of the labyrinth of roads which criss-cross Ardersier, Cawdor and Culloden, stopping at Clava Cairns to soak up a bit of historical culture and admire the view of the viaduct. After a chance to chat, smoke and stretch our legs it was decided that it was beyond time for lunch (and a loo), so we made tracks for The Dairy at Daviot. After we had eaten, most of us headed home, but a few of the braver souls decided to make the most of the day and headed off to Cairngorm.
I headed home for warmth and rugby.
- I stated that we were headed to Ardersier and whilst that was true, it was not our ultimate destination.
2019 Highland Rider North West 200 Road Racing Tour.
Come and be a part of the 90th Anniversary of the North West 200 Road Races.
Tour Date – 12th – 19th May 2019.
This Group Tour is by far the biggest & best that attends The North West 200 Road Racing Event, it is highly respected and supported by the Organisers & Race Officials.
To give you all an idea of what is on offer over there and how it all works please read the information below.
Tour Capacity – 45
Places Remaining – 3
Rider + Bike Prices –
Rider – Option 1 (Cairnryan) Return Crossing – £395
Rider – Option 2 (Cairnryan) Outbound – (Birkenhead) Return – £445
Rider – Option 3 (Birkenhead) Return Crossing – £465
Pillion Prices –
Pillion – Option 4 (Cairnryan) Return Crossing – £295 Deposit
Pillion – Option 5 (Cairnryan) Outbound – (Birkenhead) Return £345
Pillion – Option 6 (Birkenhead) Return Crossing – £365
The Tour Package includes the following –
1. 7 nights Self Catering Apartments in the picturesque Town of Ballycastle. This is based on 4 Tourers sharing each apartment, Couples will get their own Double Room within each apartment, and 2 other tourers will have the Twin Room. If it’s 4 Solo Riders then it’s 2 Twin Rooms with bunk beds or single beds in each room. All Towels and Bedding are supplied, Self-Catering Facilities include Wall Mounted Digital TV, Cooker, Microwave, Toaster, Fridge, Crockery, Pots, Pans, Knives & Forks.
2. Ferry Crossings from
Options 1 & 4 – Cairnryan to Belfast Return.
Options 2 & 5 – Cairnryan to Belfast Outbound – Belfast to Birkenhead Return.
Options 3 & 6 – Birkenhead to Belfast Return.
3. Guided Group Familiarisation Ride Out and Orientation of the North West 200 Race Circuit and Surrounding Area, followed by a Visit to the Giants Causeway.
4. Evening Meal at the North West 200 Paddock VIP Hospitality Marquee, and Presentation or The Billy Redmayne Racing & Memorial Decals.
5. A Guided Sightseeing Day Trip to The Original North West 200 Circuit.
6. Guided Group Ride Out to Joey & Robert Dunlop’s Memorial Gardens and the Famous Joey’s Bar. Followed by a Graveside Visit of Respect to the 3 Legends. Joey, Robert & William Dunlop.
7. Evening Barbecue & Social Gathering with 2 Drinks each.
8. 1 x Personalised Fully Embroidered Highland Rider Motorbike Tours 2019 North West 200 Road Racing Tour T-Shirt.
9. Tourers can volunteer to be Race Track Marshal’s at The North West 200 Road Racing.
10. Guided Day Trip on Friday to The Silent Valley in the Mourne Mountains or you can be dropped off on the way to do a Sightseeing Tour of Belfast City.
11. 1 x Free Entry into The Highland Rider Motorbike Tours Christmas Raffle, where one Tourer will win the cost of one basic individual package Rider or Pillion Options 1 & 4. In hindsight, you go on this tour virtually for FREE if you’ve booked either option 2, 3, 5 or 6. Further Tickets can be purchased at £10 each to increase the chance of winning. If Tourers buy more tickets I will cover all 6 Options as a Free Tour.
The Christmas Raffle takes place on the 24th December at 7 pm. The winner will be informed straight away as it will be a live video post on the Highland Rider Motorbike Tours Facebook Group Page. This was Won by Ian Peck.
12. Most importantly you can watch and be entertained by The Road Warriors doing battle through the local Towns of Portrush, Portstewart, Coleraine and adjoining Countryside at speeds in excess of 200mph on 2 Wheels. In 2018 we saw The Wee Wizard (Alastair Seeley) making History by increasing the most wins at the North West 200 Road Races to Twenty-Four.
Additional Extras that are available –
Arrival Meal on Sunday Evening, plus a Cooked Breakfast on Monday, Wednesday & Friday Mornings.
This is 4 x Meals (Arrival Dinner & 3 Cooked Breakfasts) – £30
Birkenhead Crossing Cabins – £30 each way.
Overnight stay at The Arkhouse Inn the night before our sailing, includes Evening Meal & Full Breakfast. (Double Rooms For Couples, Twin Rooms for Solo Riders based on 2 Sharing in all Rooms = £35 Per Person.
Fully Embroidered Highland Rider Hoodie with a full Zip or No Zip = £30 each.
You won’t get better value for money, I can guarantee that. I strive for perfection and ensuring that bikers get what I myself would expect to receive on a Tour.
“I’m a Biker for Bikers”
Tel – 07976006442
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.highlandrider.co.uk
Facebook – Highland Rider Motorbike Tours.
Thank you, Malcolm, for the photos.
Only 2 members took part, which is very disappointing, as Cath from the Picts Fort had arranged extra volunteers to come in and give guided tours, not good for the club. The weather forecast was heavy rain all day, but no rain till 1.30, then it was only a steady lite drip. Malcolm and I had a good tour of the site and the Burghead Well, then off to Elgin and then home.